|Experiment Outline||Experiment title, purpose, explanation, period, participants, experiment facilities, equipment, and experiment model|
|Experiment Outcome||Experiment outcome analysis, photos and video clips|
|Project||Outline||Project title, purpose, content and period|
|Reservation||Experiment facility, equipment etc.|
|Participants||Senior research fellow, analysts/respondents, Experiment managers etc.|
|Task||Outline||Task title, content (scenario) etc.|
|Outcome||Curated data, photos and video clips|
|Task||Outline||Model title, type and attributes|
|Materials||Material title, type and attributes|
|Trial||Outline||Trial title, content(scenario) etc.|
|DAQ set-up||Sensor location, DAQ channel set-up|
|Camera set-up||Camera location|
|Outcome||Raw data, reduced data, curated data, photos, video clips|
|Policy Setting||KOCED shall establish policies on recording and sharing of data generated from researches utilizing KOCED’s experiment facilities, and all experiment outcomea obtained from the national R&D budget and nationally subsidized projects.|
|Preservation||Senior research fellows in all government-backed researches shall consign the right to experiment data to Korea Institute of Construction & Transportation Technology Evaluation & Planning, the institution that pays for research costs. The institution, in turn, shall authorize the management right to the authorized data to KOCED for storage, preservation and management.|
|Systems||Information on the data preserved in KOCED’s data store shall be recorded to the extent of a third researcher’s verification and represenation, and curated to the extent of immediate application. Recording systems shall be in place to enable the preserved data to be accessed by users according to their access right for searching and using the experiment data in demand.|
|Security||Data recording and sharing systems shall be creative and diversified to guarantee security of KOCED’s data.|
|Purpose of Sharing||KOCED’s shared data shall be used for the following purposes:
- National development and protection of the public good
- Development and enhancement of construction theories, experimental researches and education
- Sharing of and search for various materials in construction
- Reduced redundancy in trying to search for a host of existing materials
- Creation and usage of a collaborative research environment
- For the good of data producers in KOCED and all users
|Developers’ Right||Developers’ right to develop and collect KOCED’s data shall be protected as much as possible.|
|Recording||In cases of conducting researches using KOCED’s experiment facilities, and nationally-budgeted experiments, senior research fellows shall agree to record data according to the data format and scope defined by KOCED prior to starting research, and shall submit it in ‘Data Recording and Sharing Plan’ upon negotiation on the extent of data disclosure with KOCED.|
|Temporary Storage||All data generated from experiments conducted in KOCED’s experiments shall be stored in the back-up form at KOCED’s data store within 24 hours from individual experiment.|
|Permanent Storage||All data shall be, in principle, stored permanently.
- Abridged experiment data: Senior research fellows shall submit to KOCED’s data store the systematized abridged experiment data following discussion, analysis and evaluation among participating researchers after securing measures for the intellectual property right within 6 months from the end of experiments. Penalties shall be imposed on belated submission.
- Unabridged experiment data: Senior research fellows shall submit to KOCED’s data store the systematized unabridged experiment data agreed upon by participating researchers after securing measures for the intellectual property right within 12 months from the end of experiments. Penalties shall be imposed on belated submission.
Disclosure shall be conducted according to the following procedure.
- Abridged experiment data: Abridged experiment data shall be immediately disclosed to all researchers after completion of storage measures.
- Unabridged experiment data: Unabridged experiment data shall be disclosed after completion of storage measures. The timing of disclosure and extent of accessibility for unabridged experiment data shall be determined following the process of ‘open data deliberation’ to protect the national interest and right of researchers
|Addition and Complementation||Data may be added and complemented for 24 months after the end of experiments at the discretion and right of senior research fellows. If addition and complementation are required after 24 months of elapsed time, senior research fellows shall decide on it upon consultation with KOCED.|
|Obligation of Pre-measures for Intellectual Property Right||Senior research fellows shall make sure to prevent any disadvantages possibly arising from disclosure of unabridged experiment data by securing necessary measures to obtain the intellectual property right, including patent application and research paper submission before submitting unabridged experiment data.|
|Curating Responsibility||The responsibility to process experiment data shall lie with senior research fellows.|
|List Publication||The list of data being recorded and managed in KOCED’s data store shall be regularly published or disclosed on the Web. Upon publication or disclosure, the extent of user accessibility and changes in data stored shall be indicated for each data list.|
|Exclusions||Experiment outcome requiring high security commissioned by national research projects or private enterprises shall be subject to an additional agreement with KOCED to decide upon the scope of disclosure and the content to be disclosed.|
|Access Right||Users’ access right shall be regulated as follows. Managers: KOCED’s data managers shall access data only to manage experiment data. For work management including correction and deletion, they shall decide upon consultation with senior research fellows. The managers are primarily responsible for data security.
Users: Access to abridged experiment data accessible by members only shall be allowed all the time, but unabridged experiment data shall be limitedly accessed within the permitted scope.
|Access Period||For exceptional circumstances, or without conditions agreed upon in ‘Research Participation Agreement’ based on ‘Data Storage and Sharing Plan,’ user access shall be permitted according to the following standard within the following period.
- Abridged experiment data: Within 6 months after setting in place disclosure measures
- Unabridged experiment data: Within 12 months or after setting in place limited disclosure measures
|Disclosure Period||For exceptional circumstances in which disclosure period is additionally designated in ‘Research Participation Agreement’ based on ‘Data Storage and Sharing Plan,’ all data in KOCED’s data store shall be disclosed all the time.|
|User Obligations||Unabridged experiment data acquired by accessing KOCED’s data store shall not be provided with a third party without consent of KOCED. To use the data acquired by accessing KOCED’s data store for researches, the data source and original producer name shall be specified, and the same shall apply in curating the data derived accordingly.|
|Data Usage Fees||Expenses for data usage may be claimed to users of unabridged experiment data, and a portion of the expenses may be provided to senior research fellows as the data producers.|
|Evaluation||Senior research fellows are primarily obliged for data recording and quality regarding all data preserved and disclosed in KOCED’s data store. KOCED shall evaluate the data quality based on monitoring and evaluation of the data usage.|
|Correction and Preservation||In case the recorded data are determined to have low quality, senior research fellows that produced and recorded the data may be asked for correction and complementation.|
|Standardization||To continuously guarantee the data quality, all data being recorded shall be done so according to a standard data model developed by KOCED or other models thereof.|
Large scale structural analysis